Favorite Places

Favorite Places

Thursday, October 9, 2014

Day 3 of Best Trip Ever

Guys. I belong in the desert. Just look at it...

Photo Cred: Zack Rowley

This is Wadi Rum. In the middle of the Jordanian desert. 

The first adventure of the day was riding 'jeeps' across the desert.



We stopped a few times to eat lunch and explore and run down sand dunes...


Pirate? Assassin? Ninja? Bedouin?

 

After our jeep ride we checked into our 'hotel'...


Yep. TENTS. 


Oh. And then we went on a SUNSET CAMEL RIDE. 




Camels are the coolest. 


 After the camel ride (that I never wanted to end), we ate a delicious Arab meal in the central tent. There was music playing so naturally, we had a DANCE PARTY. It began with a few of us Americans, but then some of the Bedouins joined us and we did the traditional dabka. In return we had to give them a little taste of our dance traditions with some good ole "Turn Down For What." It was the best thing of my life. 


We also sat around the tent and played guitar and sang. 


AND, at 4:30 the next morning a few of us got up and walked back into the desert a little ways to look at the stars. By then the moon had gone down and it was beautiful! 

As I'm writing this, I can't believe this day actually happened.

I love my life. 





No comments:

Post a Comment